ACS System - Avalanche Controlling System
Software Engineering Tschürtz accesses directly the ACS-System via GSM-Modem, have a look at live-data (snow depth, temperature) and live-picture on our website on data.se-t.at
An absolutetly world first: Avalanche Releasing Equipment
ACS - concept
- snow is collected on the surface of the ACS-System
- A SMS triggers the ACS-System
- The snow will be released rapidly via a newly developed collapsible-mechanism
- An avalanche will be released
- New concept: Seperation into 2 different parts: A container, housing energy sources and the GSM-modem and the ACS-System itself. We are able to merge these 2 parts into one on demand.
- Energy: On demand with solarpanel, fuel-cell, wind turbine
Why should I choose ACS instead of another avalanche releasing mechanism?
- helicopters are limited to weather conditions
- When helicopters are able to fly it is often too late for blasting the snow (snow depth should not exceed a certain limit, otherwise the blast doesn't have any impact)
- 80% of all blasts are without any impact anyway!
- Easy handling and clear listing of information in the ACS-webinterface. Webcam inkluded! Watch out, now on data.se-t.at!
- eco-friendly and without pollution
- no supply lines necessary (stand-alone power-supply, releasing of the avalanche via SMS)
- no explosion
- no explosives expert, no helicopter
ACS 1 - An information
- Where: Sellreintal in Tyrol (Austria)
- Installed in: Oktober 2009
- Who has choosen the location: Dr. Rudi Mair (avalanche alert service Tyrol) together with Karl Kapferer (mayor of St. Sigmund and chairmain of avalanche consignment)
- performance data: fuel-cell, collapsible-mechanism by nitrogen
Experience with ACS 1 - first winter:
- Connection via Westermorouter into GSM worked flawlessly
- Unfortunately it was the worst winter (2009/2010) for nearly 50 years in Sellraintal, not enough snow, thats why we couldn't use the full potential of ACS.
ACS 2 - An information
- performance data: solarpanel, wind turbine, direct power-supply, collapsible-mechanism by electroengines
- Separation into 2 parts: energycell and releasing-system
- Taking our experiences with ACS 1 into account: lighter materials, which don't heat in the sun, more flat, different collapsible mechanism, renewable energy source.
Flight with heli
Positioning of ACS